This guide will help you enable multi-finger support on your MacBook Air notebook, using an AirBar touchscreen sensor.
- Before starting the installation, make sure to close System Preferences, otherwise it might delay or fail the process.
- Download the AirBar for MacBook Air dmg file.
This driver is copyrighted licensed software supplied strictly for use with original Neonode touch systems and under no circumstances should this driver be downloaded or used on any other equipment.
Copyright © Touch-Base Ltd 1998 – 2017. All rights reserved
- Double click to open it
- A window will open containing the installation package - double click to open it
- The installer will start, press the Continue button
- You can change the installation path by pressing Install Location button but we recommend keeping the standard settings. Press Install button to continue.
- The installer will now prompt you to login as administrator to approve the installation
In some cases, you may need to grant permission to the System Extension. To do so, follow the provided steps:
- Open the General tab in the Security & Privacy, Click the lock to make changes and press "Allow" button on option System software from developer "Touch-Base Ltd" was blocked.
- Press on lock button to apply the change.
- Allow for some time for the installation to complete
- To get the best multi-finger experience the AirBar sensor needs to enable accessibility support, press the Open System Preferences button
- If closed, click the lock in the lower left corner and login as admin
- Check the blank box next to AirBar Multi-touch
- Close the System Preferences window and return to the installer and press the Close button
- Press the Move to Trash button
- You now have multi-finger support installed!
- An AirBar preference pane added to System Preferences where you can adjust your touch experience
For updating the firmware on your AirBar for MacBook Air sensor - please follow this guide.