1. Getting Started
As with all smart devices there is actually software running inside the AirBar sensor itself. This software is called firmware and new versions will be released over time to fix found problems, to introduce new cool features, and to improve stability, accuracy, performance, etc.
This guide will show you, step by step, how to update the firmware on your AirBar for Windows 10 sensor.
- First, download the firmware updater application to your computer and run it.
The latest firmware, version 1.40, includes:
- Improved detection accuracy
- Bug fixes
The AirBar Firmware Updater is very simple, normally it will give you the following:
- The new firmware version (in this screenshot: version 1.40)
- The connected AirBar with its model and its current version (in this screenshot: model 14" and version 1.36)
Just make sure the checkbox for your AirBar is checked and press the Update button.
- The new firmware will be downloaded to and installed on your AirBar sensor.
- The firmware update shouldn't take long, depending on your computer anything between a few seconds and up to a minute is normal, and after that you can use your AirBar sensor again, right away.
If you run into any problem, you can always use the "Help" button in the main window for troubleshooting. Carefully follow steps 1 to 4 for successful troubleshooting.