This article explains how to troubleshoot the "Update Firmware" application if something goes wrong during the update.
Depending on which state the application gets stuck in, there are different error messages displayed, and therefore also different measures to take.
Progress Bar Stuck At 50 - 60%
Follow the instructions that are provided in the Update Firmware's help button. If the issue persists, please create a support ticket for further troubleshooting.
Progress Bar Stuck At 0 - 5%
If the update is stuck at this stage it indicates that there might be a driver issue. Follow the steps below to fix this.
- Place the sensor in DFU mode (as explained by the 3rd step in the Help menu in the Update Firmware application)
- Open the start menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Write "Device Manager" and click enter.
- In the Device Manager look under "Universal serial bus controllers" after something called "STM Device in DFU Mode"
- Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall Device". After this, make sure to select the checkbox to delete the driver for this software, and then confirm by clicking Uninstall.
It should look like this:
After the driver has been deleted, restart the computer, and then try to update the firmware again.
Progress Bar Stuck At 100%
In this case, the AirBar has actually been properly updated, but it failed to restart after the update. In order to fix this, simply click cancel, and re-plug the AirBar. The AirBar should now have the new firmware installed.